Bluegrass Reunion series: standalone stories about second chances
No one crosses Parker Stuart, caretaker to his family’s thoroughbred racing empire. Parker retaliates against anyone who dares slight him or his blue-blooded British family, especially Regina Ward and her poker-playing father. The previous spring, Reggie had had the nerve to walk out on him after a torrid, three-week affair. Now, when Parker arrives in Kentucky to collect his family’s winnings, he’s determined to settle the score with the lovely Ms. Ward.
Regina Ward doesn’t consider herself a damsel in distress. After all, this is America, and she’s accustomed to depending upon herself. However, when her father loses four of the yearlings from their central Kentucky horse farm in a poker game, Reggie knows it’s up to her to save what’s left of her family’s homestead and her proud Kentucky heritage. Can she do it when Parker Stuart, the most arrogant and infuriating Brit she’s ever met, shows up in the Bluegrass?
Amazon Review: 5 Stars! “Parker is a man you will fall in love with, from his proper English mannerisms, to his love of horses and Reggie. He is honorable, attractive, and he doesn’t waver in his feelings.”
Amazon Review: 5 Stars! “I admired Parker as the steadfast hero, because he just would NOT give up on Reggie no matter what family problems or obstacles appeared in the way of their trust and love. Ms. Scarbrough has, again, written a wonderful, insightful love story.”
Amazon Review: A romance with a little mystery, humor and the ambiance of KY horse country, KY Blue Bloods will make you want to read more Jan Scarbrough.
My Crazy Book Addiction: “…she is a master storyteller who is able to make the reader “feel” not only “see” her characters. The detail in this story is amazing, at times I swore that I was actually in Kentucky flying around in an old truck on the fence lined roads. The story is crafted in such a way as to make you slip into each of the character’s skins and become them.”
Bluegrass Reunion: They thought the men they loved were out of their lives. They were wrong.
Although each romance in the Bluegrass Reunion series stands alone, all books are about second chances and are set in Kentucky. In keeping with the Bluegrass theme, when appropriate, a few horses are thrown into the plot for good measure.
The Bluegrass Reunion Series was published in this order:
- Kentucky Cowboy—Bull rider/veterinarian—She dumped him in high school, because he was a risk-taker.
- Kentucky Woman—Banker/exercise rider—She loved him when she was a teenager, but they never connected.
- Kentucky Flame—American Saddlebred Horse trainers—She had his baby, but he left not knowing the truth.
- Kentucky Groom—Teacher/software designer and Saddlebred groom—She can’t afford to fall in love with a lowly groom.
- Kentucky Bride—American Saddlebred Horse trainer/CEO—She rejected him once, but he’s willing to try again.
- Kentucky Heat—Country music singer/artist—She doesn’t need to take on another project, but he won’t take no for an answer. (Sequel to Kentucky Bride.)
- Kentucky Rain—Divorced single mom/security consultant—She has responsibilities to her daughter and herself, not to the handsome guy next door. (Mentions characters from Kentucky Cowboy.)
- Kentucky Blue Bloods—Kentucky horse breeder/British thoroughbred breeder and owner—She wants to save the family horse farm, but he has other ideas.