Back in the day, I went to group therapy every week for over a year. It changed the way I looked at life, and I’ve credited it for “saving my life” in many respects. Being the perfectionist only child that I am, I took notes about the things I was learning, and later I typed them up.
I thought I’d share the notes with you in hopes that you too may discover something new.
- Parents are to help their children fit into the real world.
- Most parents are terrorized by their own children.
- Children should fit into their parents’ lives.
- The goal of parenting is separation.
- Feelings are okay—neither good or bad, just feelings.
- I have the right to my own feelings.