Back in the day, I went to group therapy every week for eighteen months. It changed the way I looked at life, and I’ve credited it for “saving my life” in many respects. Being the perfectionist only child that I am, I took notes about the things I was learning, and later I typed them up.
In keeping with last week’s blog on Birth Order, I thought I’d share the notes from Group on Birth Order.
These are tendencies of each order:
- First born focus: the right way or no way
- Middle born focus: all way or no way
- Last born focus: my way or no way
- Only born focus is a confusion among all three. (I knew there was something wrong with me!)
Creating your life
- We orchestrate our lives either consciously or unconsciously.
- I don’t have to give control of my life over to another.
- Major things in life happen by chance. Learn to create your own happenstance.
- Choose to become imperfect, not a victim.
- If you get what you want from a situation, celebrate that gain.